Department of the Army
"2005 - Serving Today's Army for a Better Tomorrow"
Located on 8th Floor, Zachary Taylor Building, 2530
Jefferson Davis Hwy, Arlington VA
Phone: 703-602-2392 / DSN 332-2392
The Financial Management Division (FMD) is the Resource Services--Washington
(RS-W)/Resource Management Office (RMO) integrative and strategic arm; one that builds
products and provides services with a far-reaching eye on future directions to encompass
all the varied and unique facets of the RS-W mission. Its approach is always a
multi-disciplinary one; its mandate is to ensure fully-integrated and adaptable products
each and every time.
- FMD develops overall program, budget and accounting policy for organizations and
activities in the Headquarters, Department of the Army (HQDA) or their field elements.
This policy is disseminated through Operating Agency 22 (OA22) in RS-W.
- FMD interprets policies and regulations from Department of the Army, Department of
Defense, the General Accounting Office, the Office of Management and Budget and
Congressional language as they relate to HQDA activities and field elements under OA22.
- FMD performs special studies covering a broad spectrum of functions or activities as
directed by the Director, Resource Management, or as requested by OA22 elements or
- FMD provides assistance to OA22 branches or divisions involved in different facets of
the Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution System (PPBES).
- FMD acts as the RS-W central point of contact for Transferring In/Out OA22 Customers
& Transition/Reorganization Management.
- FMD is the RS-W central point of contact for Intern rotations through OA22, which
includes orientation, coordination of training plans and implementation of work schedules,
rotational evaluations and out-processing.
- FMD performs the System Administrator Functions for the Defense Civilian Pay System
(DCPS). The functions include maintaining the security system, furnishing User IDs and
passwords to timekeepers, updating of organization codes in DCPS, updating Account
Processing Codes (APCs) per customer request, analyzing and implementing new software and
processing the payroll files to submit time and attendance.
- FMD formulates automation policies and guidance to support RS-W's resource management
requirements and provides automation support to RS-W and RMO offices.
Did you know that there is a Comptroller Proponency Office whose mission
is dedicated to serving employees in the Comptroller Career field? The office, located in
the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Financial Management and Comptroller
(ASA(FM&C) has a wide range of functions that serve the resource management
communityfrom publishing newsletters to keeping careerists informed of
career-enhancing training and initiatives. Want more information? Check out their web site
click under "Proponency" to read all the exciting news!